WordPress Plugins allow easy modification, customization, and enhancement to a WordPress blog. If you are a new blogger and want to customize your WordPress blog then this post is for you. In my post today I’m going to share some basic wordpress plugins to manage or customize your WordPress blog. I have listed all free plugins here, You should install them.
All in One SEO Pack Optimizes your WordPress blog for SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- XML Sitemap support – submit your sitemap to Google and Bing and improve your SEO
- Google Analytics support
- Support for SEO on Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Fine tune Page Navigational Links
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY plugin to provide SEO Integration for WP e-Commerce sites
- Nonce Security built into All in One SEO Pack
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Automatically optimizes your titles for Google and other search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.
- A comment status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared by Akismet, and which were spammed or unspammed by a moderator
- Links are highlighted in the comment body, to reveal hidden or misleading links
- If your web host is unable to reach Akismet’s servers, the plugin will automatically retry when your connection is back up
- Moderators can see the number of approved comments for each user
- Spam and Unspam reports now include more information, to help improve accuracy
Yet Another Related Posts Plugin (YARPP) => Related post plugins
Yet Another Related Posts Plugin (YARPP) displays pages, posts, and custom post types related to the current entry, introducing your readers to other relevant content on your site.
- Thumbnail or list view of related content.
- Related posts, pages, and custom post types.
- Templating: The YARPP templating system gives you advanced control of how your results are displayed.
- Related posts in feeds
Jetpack is a WordPress plugin that supercharges your self-hosted WordPress site with the awesome cloud power of WordPress.com.
- Simple, concise stats with no additional load on your server. Previously provided by WordPress.com Stats.
- Email subscriptions for your blog’s posts and your post’s comments.
- Social networking enabled comment system.
- Likes, allowing your readers to show their appreciation of your posts.
- Monitor and manage your site’s activity with Notifications in your Toolbar and on WordPress.com.
- Simple, Akismet-backed contact forms.
- The WP.me URL shortener.
Crayon Syntax Highlighter (Highlight Code within post or content)
A Syntax Highlighter built in PHP and jQuery that supports customizable languages and themes. It can highlight from a URL, a local file or WordPress post text. Crayon makes it easy to manage Language files and define custom language elements with regular expressions.
- Integrated Theme Editor!
- Tag Editor in both Visual & HTML editors
- Toggled plain code
- Toggled line numbers
- Copy/paste code
- Open code in a new window (popup)
- Line wrapping
- Code expanding
This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.
WP External Links (Create all your external links nofollow + new window + seo)
Configure settings for all external links on your site. Open external links in a new window or tab, adding “nofollow”, set link icon, styling, SEO friendly options and more. Easy install and go.
WP-DB-Backup (Backup your WordPress database)
WP-DB-Backup allows you easily to backup your core WordPress database tables. You may also backup other tables in the same database.
Header and Footer (manage the head and footer section)
Why you have to install 10 plugins to add Google Analytics code, MyBlogLog tracking code, Google Webmaster verificaton code, MyblogLog verification code, tradedoubler verification code (and so on…) on head of footer section of your blog pages?
With Header and Footer plugin you can just copy the code those services give you in a centralized point to manage them all.
- manage the head section code
- manage the footer code
- manage codes to be added before and after post content (social buttons, ads, …)
- PDF manual with examples
- recognize and execute PHP code to add logic
- few SEO options
The Simple Share Buttons Adder does exactly what it says on the tin – adds share buttons to all of your posts and pages, simply. No hotlinking to another website to slow downloading or for tracking use, it’s simple, as promised. You can even upload and use your own custom images if you wish!